Tuesday, November 20, 2007

My man Rob.


So I had the amazing opportunity to see Rob Bell on Friday... he blew me away as I knew he would. He has such knowledge and such insight that it makes me realize things about life and the Bible and God that I never even considered... things that are truly beautiful.


I was delighted to hear so much about the Old Testament which until recently, I have mainly dismissed. The significance that Rob revealed in some of the first books of the Bible gave a whole new perspective on things. He explained the transition from the altar sacrifice to many distant gods to the radical idea of altar sacrifice to a very intimate personal God who replies... then finally to the ultimate sacrifice Jesus Christ.


Hebrew 10:4- "For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins."




He also talked about kindness.. and the reincarnation of all things... the beauty of Christ. He shared so many real-life stories of people... I'll share a few that I loved... see if you can't see Jesus in these...



"A young woman had to have surgery on her face to remove a tumor in the cheek. The surgery was tough and they knew the woman's face was not going to be the same. They brought her husband into the room when the doctor unwrapped the bandages. Fully revealed, the wife's face was far from the one she used to have. The husband looked down at her for a moment. Then he said, "I like it." Then he bent down and kissed her crooked mouth."



"A woman was said to have been having visions of Jesus. A priest went to her and asked her about these visions. To test their validity he told the woman to ask Jesus in her next vision what she had confessed last time in confession.


The next time the priest saw her he asked her if she had had another vision. "Yes," the woman replied. "Well... did you ask him the question I told you to ask?" "Yes, I did." she responded. "Jesus said, 'I don't remember.'""




"I don't remember."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Powerful!!!

Britney said...

Hi Meghan,

It's such a small world. My husband and I went to see Rob on Friday as well. I saw your post on our blog that Friday and I was kinda freaked out about it and we've been so busy I haven't had time to respond. Strange that we were in the same building and didn't know it.

I was blown away that someone we don't know actually read our blog. I've felt in my gut now for about a month that change is in the future.... I don't know what the change is but I can feel it.

I have to ask ...how did you find our blog? I don't believe in coincidence...we will meet face to face soon I'm sure. It's has to be part of the bigger picture.

We will be going to the streets to hand out hot chocolate and coffee we will definitely need help. Maybe we'll meet up then.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts and neither are your ways my ways declares the Lord." ~Isaiah 55-8

God sees the bigger picture and we are a part of it. We are significant in His plans!

Till we meet,

Britney