Tuesday, December 30, 2008

+ and -

being home definitely has its pros and cons.  
sometimes i'm happy being back in garland, tx...
on the other hand,
many times i'm pretty much ready to be back in austin.
let's do a little plus and minus shall we...


things i like about home.
  • lifetime fitness gym... i miss my barbell class and all the other perks that come with the uppity fitness center.
  • silence
  • free food
  • springcreek
  • a kitchen to cook in
  • the back patio
  • my best friends in the world
  • cafe brazil
  • mercy house
  • gooey's frozen yogurt
  • the village
  • my family
  • catching up with old friends

things i don't like about being home.

  • i am allergic to garland... or my dog.
  • the immense lack of cool coffeeshops
  • having to have the conservation with every 1 in 3 people i run into about why i'm not playing ball
  • the boredom that comes with the comfort of suburbia
  • having to drive everywhere
  • missing my friends/community in austin
  • holiday family-wide sickness
  • waiting
  • my room
  • run-ins with awkward people


its good to be home...
in garland that is.
but i'm getting ready to go back to austin...
which i often find myself calling home too.



ps.  go see "slumdog millionare".

No comments: