Monday, September 10, 2007

Unconditional Love.

God never ceases to amaze me. Seriously.. I dishonor his name everyday and yet he still listens to me. I sin against him all the time and yet he still heals me. I forget to praise him and yet he still answers me. I screw up huge again and again and yet he still forgives me. I forget that I need him when things are good... and yet when I realize my weakness, he still takes me and holds me as his child. What unconditional love! Such a loving God we serve.

But oh how I can be so ungrateful... it pains me to think about it this way. I mean really think about it... The almighty God, the creator of everything, speaking to this low disrespectful sinner. And the fact that sometimes I don't even listen! How can I ignore the one who gave his life for me after I took advantage of the life he originally gave me? Why does he still continue to even acknowledge me? It's something I will never understand.. but I'm so grateful for. Love without condition.

"Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away." Song of Songs 8:7

No comments: