Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Exhausted.

I'm so tired... in fact I'm exhausted.. fatigued.. just plain worn out.

I mean weariness in the physical sense mainly, but I am also emotionally and mentally exhausted. Spiritually.. I don't know... can we become spiritually worn out? Maybe. I guess I just feel the need for peace and rest. Peace and rest... I really really need it.

It's funny cuz before I felt this way... several days back... I read Matthew 11:28. It says, "Come to Me, all you who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Beautiful... I know I say that a lot. But that's the word that comes to mind when I read scripture like this. Such a comforting verse... so encouraging and up-lifting. Thank you, God.

Something quite profound has really hit me lately. Well i guess you could call it profound... maybe after I say it though, it will seem like common sense... but see, God has really revealed to me his power and his sovereignty lately. Pena talked about this at BC this morning... she shared a little bit of her journey with God. She said that when she was at her weakest possible point God picked her up and showed her where His place in her life should be.. and she became strengthened through Him. And that helped me realize that when we are our weakest.. when we are at our lowest low... when we are tired... exhausted... that's when God's strength is the most. That's when, if we allow Him, God can make us stronger than ever because it is Him who is holding us up... not ourselves.. not our own strengths.

So I guess I should be joyous to say that I am weak.

I'M WEAK!


AND GOD IS STRONG.

1 comment:

MatT said...

i love what you said and i completely agree with. why should i try to be strong on my own when Jesus has infinite power ya know... here's another good verse that goes with what you were saying...
2 Corinthians 12:10- "That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."