Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Don't move.

"Therefore, my beloved brothers..

be steadfast,
immovable,
always abounding

in the work of the Lord,
knowing
that in the Lord
your labor IS NOT in vain."

-1 Corinthians 15:58



God is engraving this scripture on my heart right now.  I really mean that.  I've almost never felt more certain of God speaking through his word than now.  The crazy "coincidences" like randomly committing this verse to memory recently.. the fact that a girl stood in the middle of a service at Mercy House to read it... opening my bible up to the exact verse again and again.. my best friend sending me a word of encouragement via text message today and of course the message being 1 Corinthians 15:58.

I've been praying for God to reveal His significance behind this verse to me.  He is slowly but surely beginning to show me... well maybe its more like I'm slowly but surely starting to listen.  
I'm in austin.  The beautiful diverse city I will be moving to in the fall.  I love the city.  I am constantly reassured that this is where God has me to be.  In the past few days of being here I have befriended people of many ethnic groups and cultures and beliefs.  I have met a Jewish person, an atheist, a Muslim, a who-cares-about-religion type.  I love these people I have met.

However, I must remain steadfast.  I pray for encouraging believers here in Austin like the friends I am so blessed with at home.  


God's word is truth.
His word is real.
His word is alive.

Thank you Jesus.
You are my Rock.

1 comment:

T. Hill said...

Isn't it ridiculously amazing when God consistently leads you to a specific point or calling? I love how it creeps into your head, and then it just keeps coming back from so many different directions. It all came to a head for me today too.

And with college, you will absolutely love the great diversity ad will be able to grow even more. I'm super excited for you Meg. Take care.