Thursday, July 3, 2008

3 DAYSSS!

Yes!

I am 3 days away from Kenya and I don't know what to do with myself... I really don't even have time to be writing this. But I am ecstatic. God has provided in abundance for this trip... I'm so excited to see what I am going to experience and learn.

People keep asking me if I'm ready. As far as physically getting packed and all that... I'm getting there. But mentally, emotionally, and most importantly spiritually "ready"... wow, I don't know. My prayer has been.. God, prepare me. Prepare my heart, Lord. But I just don't think there is anyway for me to be fully prepared.

I know the statistics. I've read about the poverty. I've heard first-hand accounts. I've seen real footage of the people in Kenya. And those things have affected me deeply...

But I haven't met the people that make up those statistics. I haven't hugged the child I send money to each month. I haven't experienced life in Africa. I cannot prepare myself for this. And I can't imagine how this trip is going to affect me... because Africa has already found a place in my heart... now my compassion can only grow more.. as the people in Katito, Kenya become real to me. I cannot wait to return and share with you.



"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
-Bob Pierce, World Vison Founder

4 comments:

T. Hill said...

Lindi and I are so excited for you Meg! Blessings on your journey and we hope lives get touched!

Amber said...

Hi Meg...thanks for commenting...AHHH...I have been there my friend. I have been preparing. My heart has been burning. Take if from me, your life will never ever be the same. I am trying so hard not to be jealous, but I'll admit, I am a bit. I'm trying to be content here but it's hard, because when I let it, my heart aches for Africa. I'll definately be following your blog now :) How did you find me...just curious.

The Ugly Beautiful said...

Thanks for finding me! How did you by the way? Don't get me wrong, but I looked at your profile a bit to see if I knew who you were and I felt like I was reading my own...freaky! :) Anyways, I had dreamed of going to Africa since I was a little girl and It was fulfilled a couple of weeks ago! And it was even more than I imagined! I am so excited for you! I want to hear all about it so please write me back when you get back. Who are you going with?

Andrea said...

wow! thank you so much for the comment! I am always so excited to "meet" people who share in the same passions!! Your trip sounds amazing and i plan on reading you blog to hear about it! keep in touch! May God bless you and your heart for Africa!

I cant wait til the hubby and I land in ethiopia someday:) we actually are planning on going down there to work when i get out of school to truly prepare our hearts for our adoption!

ps....you have great taste in music as well!