Tuesday, August 28, 2007

High School

so high school...



yea usually that's about as much enthusiasm as i have about the whole deal.. but I'm looking at my school experience differently this year... I think (well I hope) I'm looking at it through God's eyes. It's a crazy challenge though.. being amongst so many lost people everyday. But God has prepared my heart.. through being so encouraged by my friends and through prayer.



I've already had my slip-ups though. I've already missed opportunities to talk to people I felt led to talk to. I hate my fear. That's Satan's biggest way to get me. And it's funny.. cuz who do i have to fear but God right? Fear sets in too because I don't have most of my friends who are so spiritually strong and encouraging by my side at school- although I have seen people praying and I know there are other Christ-followers.. which is absolutely encouraging- but I do have to rely on God more... which is a good thing.



I can't get over this scripture lately...

"I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart; for whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God's grace with me. God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus. And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God." (Philippians 1:3-11)

..thank you to all my brothers and sisters who are so spiritually encouraging,

I am truly blessed.

1 comment:

MatT said...

wow, you're two posts here kind of equal my one. but yeah, i know how you're feeling.
and thanks for reading those verses. i'm now in love with em'.

-MatT-